Monday, September 23, 2019

Lerato Kganyago Biography: Age, Boyfriend, House, Car, Miscarriage

  Pretoria Today       Monday, September 23, 2019
If you look up the word "ambitious" in the dictionary, you will find a picture of Lerato Kganyago.
The media personality fearlessly chased her dream of becoming a radio and TV presenter.
She even conquered the male-dominated club DJ scene, despite being bullied during her early days as a female deejay.
Lerato is also a businesswoman, MC, model and Twitter’s “Queen of Clap Backs”.

When she is not conquering the entertainment industry, she is hanging out with her famous friends DJ Zinhle and Pearl Thusi. 
Lerato’s biography is a story of how a shy teenager became a household name.

Lerato Kganyago age
Lerato Kganyago was born on July 22, 1982. The 37-year-old grew up in Johannesburg’s Soweto township. Lerato attended Ipolokeng Primary School and completed her secondary education at Boksburg High School.  She has stated in previous interviews that she grew up feeling like an ugly duckling.


“Throughout high school, I always thought I was the ugly duckling. I never thought I was pretty, I was tomboyish, and I was quiet and reserved,” she told Anele Mdoda on Real Talk.
She built up her confidence by entering beauty pageants. The once shy teenager won several pageants including Miss Soweto and Miss Jam Alley.

Growing up, Lerato had dreams of becoming a lawyer or a doctor. She would go on study Public Relations and Travel and Tourism at Damelin College. Before becoming a radio personality, Lerato worked as a flight attendant at Qatar Airways.  She also worked for SA Express.

Lerato Kganyago boyfriend
Lerato Kganyago has tried to keep her romantic relationships private over the years. Despite the stance, she has shared some details about her boyfriends in the past.  She once dated Bafana Bafana star Katlego Mashego. The lovers dated for four years and got engaged in 2013.

Sadly, their relationship did not last. Lerato admitted that she pretended they were still dating for eight months after their split as she needed some to process the breakup. Their split was drama-free but Lerato later revealed that she had been “dogged a couple of times”, leading some to believe that Katlego had cheated on her during their relationship.

Lerato has not been spotted with a new man in a while but she told her Twitter followers that they should not assume she is single. She made the comments after one user asked her if she had a boyfriend as she always looked “lonely” in her social media pictures.

“Just because I don’t post, cars, homes, family or boyfriends, don’t assume I don’t have. I don’t advertise my private life, it remains that, private, not a community project my love, Love ME for me, not what I have,” she wrote in February 2019.

Lerato Kganyago miscarriage
Lerato Kganyago has spoken candidly about the miscarriages she suffered in the past. The radio personality broke down while recalling her ordeal on Behind the Story with Pearl Thusi. She recalled the moment she found out her lost her baby.

“She [the doctor] kept looking for the heartbeat and she was looking everywhere. I remember I was not looking at the monitor… I kept asking her is everything okay… I won’t lie, at some point I felt like lesser of a woman. All I want is someone to hold in my arms,” she said.

Lerato said she felt like less of a woman.  She revealed in a separate interview that she suffered two miscarriages. “I have only spoken about the (most recent) one because it was the one that affected me the most. That was when I really wanted to have a child," Lerato said in a 2017 interview on Real Talk. She underwent therapy to help her cope with the loss.

Despite her heartache, Lerato has not given up on one day becoming a mom. She says she has not ruled out adoption. Lerato used her social media platforms to educate people about adoption. She told her Twitter followers in 2017 that adoption is “not a white thing”.

Lerato Kganyago house
Lerato Kganyago is known to splash out thousands of Rands on designer shoes and bags but her biggest purchase to date is her “dream home”. She bought the mansion in 2017 after years of hard work. "I had to put so many things on hold this year so I could reward myself with a home I've always dreamed of!!!! So grateful!!!," she wrote on Twitter. Lerato has shared glimpses of her beautiful home on Instagram and her YouTube channel.

Lerato Kganyago car
Lerato Kganyago’s life motto appears to be work hard, play hard and spend hard. She has driven many posh cars over the years. Her latest purchase was a Mercedes Benz C200 Coupe that she bought in April 2019. One year earlier, she was driving around in a brand new Range Rover.
logoblog

Thanks for reading Lerato Kganyago Biography: Age, Boyfriend, House, Car, Miscarriage

Previous
« Prev Post